Out & About in Essex
October 17 & 18
Get Out & About with Essex on Saturday, Oct. 17 and Sunday, Oct. 18 to enjoy all that a fall weekend in Vermont can offer. Local shops and restaurants will be participating as well as local artists and musicians. Want to find some great deals? Essex is the place! Looking to toe tap to some tunes and have a bite to eat? Bring your chair and stay a while. With a boost from Restart Vermont funds, Essex and Essex Village are inviting you to spend the weekend exploring to find your next favorite place to eat and that little store that has everything.
Are you an Essex resident?
You can receive gift vouchers to spend at participating local businesses in your community! With funding from the Restart Vermont Regional Marketing & Stimulus Grant Program, the Town and the Village are offering two gift vouchers totaling $15 to Essex and Essex Junction residents to spend at their local community businesses that have been affected by COVID-19. There is a limited supply, so get yours ahead of time for a weekend of shopping and eating out!
- Gift vouchers will be available beginning October 13 through October 18, while supplies last.
- Pick up gift vouchers at the following locations:
- Essex Recreation office at 75 Maple Street: 10am - 2pm Tuesday through Friday. Special arrangements for pick up outside of these hours can be requested by calling 878-1376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Info Booth (tent) at 2 Lincoln Street: Friday 2pm - 5pm; Saturday & Sunday 11am - 3pm
- Info Booth (tent) at Essex Experience (Essex Outlets): Friday 2pm - 5pm; Saturday & Sunday 11am - 3pm
- Please bring a proof of Essex residency, such as a driver's license or utility bill.
- Gift vouchers can only be redeemed on October 17 & 18 on location at participating businesses (see below for a list).
- Limit $15 per household.
Out & About in Essex COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- Please do not attend the event if you have signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or are in quarantine, according to Vermont Department of Health guidance.
- You are required to wear a face mask or covering in public spaces in Vermont any time it is not possible to keep a 6-foot distance from others who are not part of your household. If bringing chairs to enjoy entertainment and eat, please set up your belongings 6 feet apart from other groups.
Updated 10/16/2020 Check back regularly as new businesses are added!
Hours and Out & About specials during the event will vary by business.
Saturday, October 17th
|11AM - 1 PM||The Nest||Unkempt acoustic rock|
|11AM - 1PM||Uncommon Grounds|
|1PM - 3PM||The Lloyd Tyler Band||Firebird Cafe||Like a radio station that plays your favorite songs...|
|1PM - 3PM||Franky James Project||Mimmo's/Cody's/Joyce's - Carmichael St.|
|3PM - 5PM||Sabouyouma||On Tap||Traditional West African dance music with contemporary funk and reggae|
|3PM - 5PM||Milton Busker & The Grim Work||Beer Garden Black Flannel||Indie folk-pop|
|4PM - 6PM||David Hardin & Kirby||Heart n Soul/Mark BBQ|
|5PM - 7PM||Chazzy Lake||Railroad & Main|
|5PM - 7PM||Sputoola|
The Yard at The Essex Experience
|Flip it and let it sizzle. A delicious blend of fund, psychedelic rock, jazz and folk|
|5PM - 8PM||The Duel||On Tap|
Sunday, October 18th
|11AM - 1 PM||Henry Wu||Railroad & Main||Cellist|
|11AM - 1 PM||Linda Bassick||Mimmo's/Cody's/Joyce's - Carmichael St.||family-friendly concert perfect for the kids|
|1PM - 3PM||Milton Busker & The Grim Work||Firebird Cafe||Indie folk-pop|
|1PM - 3PM||Ukelele Clair||Turner Toys Green Space||family-friendly concert perfect for the kids|
|3PM - 5PM||Hokum Brothers||McGuillicuddy's|
|3PM - 5PM||Lowell Thompson||Mimmo's/Cody's/Joyce's - Carmichael St.|
|5PM - 7PM||Unruly Allies||Firebird Cafe||folk/rock mixture of cover and original tunes|
|5PM - 7PM||Shades of Blue||The Yard at The Essex Experience|