Indoor Swim Team
5:15-5:45 pm, Prep Team/ Beginner (30 minutes)
Our Swim Team beginner level is designed for swimmers previously enrolled in the Town of Essex Swim Team (TEST) Prep team or swimmers who are interested in developing their swim skills for a future competitive experience. Swimmers must be able to tread water, put their face in the water, and have some level of comfort swimming 25 yards independently. This class will provide individualized attention to help the swimmer become more skilled and confident in the water. During this class, an emphasis is placed on increasing endurance.
5:45 -6:30 pm, Advanced Beginner/Intermediate (45 minutes)
Swimmers can swim 100 yards freestyle or backstroke, showing emerging breaststroke and butterfly. Emphasis on learning competitive strokes, rhythmic breathing, and building endurance.
6:30-7:30 pm Advanced (one hour)
Swimmers will focus on building endurance, competition strategy, and improving technique. Must be able to swim all 4 competitive strokes.
The Essex Resort & Spa
11/8-12/20 (skip 11/22) | 6 WEEK SESSION
Coach Andrea Stamm
In preparation, we ask you to please review the information below.
1. Please bring a towel from home. The Spa towels are an amenity only for paying hotel guests use/spa members use.
2. Your enrollment is the only time frame that your swimmer may access the indoor pool. No other swim or water entry, inclusive of both indoor and outdoor pool, hot tub use, or gym use is allowed as those are amenities only for paying hotel guest use/spa member use.
3. If you seek to learn more about Spa membership or day passes, please feel free to reach out to the Essex Resort & Spa desk, directly, to inquire further about those costs and amenity usage.
4. Enter through the outside door that leads directly to the pool deck (not through the spa reception area. It will either be propped open, or a staff member will be there to open it for you.
5. Please reduce the number of adults watching to 1 adult on the pool deck.
6. We request that all families watch from the stair entry side of the pool. This way we can reserve the chaise lounge chairs on the other end of the pool for the spa guests and members.
7. Showers before entering the pool are not required.
8. For safety, swimmers may not enter the pool until given permission.
Thank you! See you on deck!