HOST AN ACTIVITY, DEMONSTRATION, OR PERFORMANCE
Have you ever thought of holding an activity but realized that alone, it was too small to create a buzz? The Explore Essex fall festival is an outstanding opportunity to try it out!
Submit your idea to the Explore Essex committee and you could earn a spot on the official event schedule. In addition to being available on the website and the event social media pages, the event schedule is included in the passport with a list of activities for the entire week. These passports will be available in stores and at various locations prior to the festival and at all activities.
People will be holding onto the brochure all week. Be sure your business name makes it into their hands! Passport Week begins September 30th and ends on October 7th. Scheduled activities may take place any time that week. Here are some activity ideas:
- Host a movie night or matinee
- Hire a solo performer to play acoustical music in your store (contact us for a list of interested performers)
- Plan children's activities or games
- Sponsor and organize a tournament, game, or race (cribbage, car show, BINGO, bowling, cardboard boat race-yes, that's a thing!)
- Hold a product demonstration
- Host a demonstration from an artist or tradesman. This could be a demo about something new or something old (who doesn't love to learn about the old days!)
- Host an Open House
DOWNLOAD printable form (pdf)